Charred laptop at Yahoo!
Originally uploaded by Chico Gino.
So there we were, finishing up a meeting on the 3rd floor when this faint burning smell started seeping into our conference room. Soon after, the fire alarm went off. As we herded down the stairs thoughts of The Office: The Fire episode flashed through my mind. Ryan started the fire!
We would later found out, as we actually jokingly assumed, that a Dell laptop had caught fire. It occured on the 8th floor. Rumors were that everyone was safe. As a proud owner of many Dell computers and hardware, I am happy to say nothing has caught fire. My Dell laptop is old enough (3 years) that it, according to Dell, is not eligible for a battery replacement.
3 thoughts on “Charred laptop at Yahoo!”
I’m typing this into the Dell laptop sitting on my lap. Brave? Stupid? Nothing to lose? You decide. But our IT dept checked out all our batteries and supposedly mine is not the WOMD model.
I’ve also updated my blog with the backstory on this photo: http://www.pushbuttonfor.org/things-are-on-fire-at-yahoo/
Comments are closed.