I am happy to announce that For Those About to Code, a new training series my wife and I have started, is launching today! The first course will feature world-renowned Flex expert instructor Mike Kollen and me, Chuck Freedman, teaching Flex and AIR.
Here are the details:
We’ve got high hopes for this innovative training series, and why not? The demand for talented Flex/Flash/UI/AIR talent in the Bay Area (a.k.a Silicon Valley) has never been bigger.
For Those About to Code is a new kind of training company. Our goals are simple:
– Bring in the world’s best instructors and Flex/Flex/UI/AIR talent to teach you!
– Provide you with a relaxed and optimal training environment using the best published materials possible.
– Offer affordable pricing so that any developer, at any level, working for themselves or any size company, can benefit from our training.
– Ensure your time with us is most productive, by offering training exclusively over the weekends. You won’t miss any work time and be back in the office on Monday ready to code!
– Keep classes small and intimate. Courses require a minimum of 25 students and will be capped at 50.
– Nurture the community by encouraging instructors to engage and support students before, during and after every course through our custom support forums.
If you are in the area and interested in getting started and/or beefing up your skills in building Flex and AIR apps, you should us!
If not, please help spread the word! We’ve got an excellent course lineup over the next few months (more Flex, including UI/skinning, as well as Flash) and are talking to some pretty exciting and well-known instructors.
Lastly, join me in congratulating my wife Jamie and an outstanding job setting all of this up. With her at the helm, I’m looking forward to doing whatever I can to make For Those About to Code very successful.