Less than two weeks to go!
Amazon.com has added details from the book’s back cover. I like this becuase it sheds some light on the books voice and direction. In addition to covering, in detail, the maps API methods, I spent some time helping the reader from from Ajax to JS-Flash. Another thing revealed here, and one I am really proud of, is the time I spent in the book working with Flex 2.
Here it is:
From the Back Cover
Your development world is about to greatly expand because of the new wave of Yahoo! Maps APIs. Written by Charles Freedman, a senior Flash developer at Yahoo!, this book provides you with all the information you’ll need to know about these APIs in order to build amazing map mashups. You’ll find in-depth coverage of Yahoo! mapping tools and technologies and a variety of techniques for working with the APIs.
Yahoo! Maps Mashups explores each API flavor, guiding you through the simple yet comprehensive sets of API calls. This will help you gain a strong understanding of the capabilities of each map technology through its respective API. Freedman also uses each API’s uniqueness to explore the basic and advanced set of API methods, classes, and events. With this information, you’ll be able to download, install, and develop mashups with one or all of the Yahoo! Maps APIs.
What you will learn from this book
- All about each Yahoo! Maps API and the technology that drives it
- How to build mashups featuring popular web services like Flickr; Hot Jobs; Yahoo! Travel; local, real-time traffic; and video
- How to easily adapt from Ajax to the JS-Flash API
- Techniques for building Flex 2 mashups by using the AS-Flash API
- How to use map features such as panning and zooming, markers, overlays, and geocoding
Who this book is for