Wiley, the publisher of my first book Yahoo! Maps Mashups, has released the table of contents. The book is due on February 12 and it’s going to be a very exciting time. With just about a month to go before it’s release, here is the official list of chapters for the book:
1. Your Map, Your World.
2. Developing with Yahoo! Maps.
3. The Ajax API.
4. Get Started with the Ajax API.
5. Ajax API Basics.
6. Ajax API Advanced Features.
7. The Ajax Mashup.
8. The JS-Flash API.
9. Get Started with the JS-Flash API.
10. JS-Flash API Basics.
11. JS-Flash API Advanced Features.
12. The JS-Flash Mashup.
13. The AS-Flash API.
14. Get Started with the AS-Flash API.
15. AS-Flash API Basics.
16. AS-Flash API Advanced Features.
17. The AS-Flash Mashup.
18. Yahoo! Maps and Flex 2.
19. Get Started with Yahoo! Maps and Flex 2.
20. Basic Methods: Flex 2 using the AS-Flash API.
21. Advanced Features: Flex 2 using the AS-Flash API.
22. The Flex 2 Mashup.
Appendix A. API Method Comparison Chart.
Appendix B. API Example and Mashup Index.
You’ll likely notice that pretty much an equal share of the book is dedicated to each of Yahoo!’s Maps APIs. Starting with an intro chapter of the API and its technology, moving on to steps to getting started, then basic and advanced methods of the API. Each section culminates in a mashup with another popular Yahoo! API. The last section works with the AS-Flash API and Flex 2 using Local Connection.